Users in the European Union
What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in some very basic ways including:
- Signing up to our Newsletter: Your name and email address.
- Submitting comments or questions: Your name, email address, and comment or question.
Why do we collect the above-mentioned information?
We collect the information above for the following purposes:
- Signing up to our Newsletter: To be able to send you the Newsletter
- Submitting comments or questions: To be able to respond to any comments or questions you might have for us.
What’s the legal basis for collecting and processing your information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by opting out of any email message using the “unsubscribe” link.
- Signing up to our Newsletter: We will ask for your consent first.
- Submitting comments or questions: We have a legitimate interest to provide a response to your comments or questions and need to use your data to do so. Your data will not be used for other purposes.
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact info at gohikealps dot com and we will cease the processing of your data under this legal basis.
Who has access to the data we collect?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
These third parties have signed contract with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
Cookies and similar technologies
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your personal data for a period of 5 years. However, if your personal data is a part of a comment or question posted on the website, it will not be removed as it has become an integral part of that page.
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
You have a right to ask for corrections, erasure, and export of your data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact info at gohikealps dot com.
Do we transfer your data to other countries?
Yes. Owners of this website are located in the European Union and hosting of our website is currently located in the United States. Your data may be transferred between these two locations.
Privacy concerns, contacting us, complaints.
You can contact info at gohikealps dot com with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a relevant Supervisory Authority in your area.
Representative: Pekka Korpi, Korvessa Oy, Kiuastie 17B, 02770 Espoo, Finland
II. California Specifics
Do not track signals.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not necessarily honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
California Eraser Law.
If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request at info at gohikealps dot com.
Legal disclosures of personal information.
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online.
Third party websites.
We link to other sites, but we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Please review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Sale of business
Should we ever sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.